iJet transforms traditional aviation business processes from a rigid, hardware-centric architecture to a flexible, software-defined infrastructure to facilitate data and analytics services which will lead to new markets in cross-functional and cross-enterprise data integration.
With the aviation connectivity market growing at double-digit rates, airplanes are increasingly connected via IP communication links to airline’s operations and maintenance control centers. Connected airplanes enable a new era of intelligent aircraft providing enterprises with a quantum leap in situational awareness and operational efficiency through streaming and integrated data.
iJet Technologies integrates aircraft operational data, IP communication links and airline ground systems into a single, extensible software solution that is capable of handling large amounts of streaming data both in real time and post flight. This integrated approach enables scalable operational applications and analytics that provide quantifiable financial value in the air, on the ground, and across all organizational units.
iJet’s Data Access platform acquires, transforms and makes aircraft data available to applications and analytics, in the air and on the ground.
Operational Applications and Data Analytics
iJet’s Operational Applications and Data Analytics turn data into operational insight.
The iJet solution begins with the iJet Data Access Platform which includes a data platform onboard each aircraft connected via IP links to an intelligent ground platform. The airborne platform integrates aircraft and ground data with EFB and mobile devices while applying business logic and analytics to airborne data in real time. The ground system aggregates aircraft data, connects to ground based applications and analytics, integrates to corporate back end systems and moves data up to the aircraft using similar business logic.
Onboard Data Platform
The onboard platform is software that is designed to run on a variety of different server hardware, ingest data in multiple formats and to access any available IP communication link installed on the aircraft.
Offboard Data Platform
The offboard data platform aggregates aircraft data, connects to ground based applications and analytics via standard API’s, integrates to corporate back end systems and moves data up to the aircraft using similar business logic. The offboard platform can be located in any virtualized or cloud environment and uses open, modular computing resources and integration patterns that are built to scale efficiently over time.
Operational Applications and Data Analytics
iJet’s Operational Applications and Data Analytics are organized into three Product families: iJet Airborne, iJet Ground and iJet Maintenance. These application and analytic products use real-time data from the onboard platform, historical data from the ground platform, integrated airline and third party data in appropriate combinations, then add business logic and analytic algorithms to deliver on iJet’s vision of innovation.
iJet Airborne Applications and Analytics integrate real-time aircraft data with Flight Planning and weather data, then applies analytics in real-time to provide alerting, cost reduction and reporting tools.
iJet Ground Analytics integrate real-time aircraft data with Flight Planning and operational process goals, then applies analytics in real-time to provide alerting, cost reduction and reporting tools.
iJet Maintenance Analytics include discrete fault reporting, trend analysis and predictive analytics. Using standard data interfaces this information can be shared with onboard EFB tech logs and offboard ground maintenance systems.
April 10-12, 2018Orlando, FL
September 5-7, 2018London, UK
June 4-6, 2018San Diego, CA
June 19-20, 2018Berlin, Germany
- A Feasibility Study of Near-Real-Time Estimation of Turbulence
- Flight Tracking 2.0: Improving Operational Insight
- Solutions and Successes for Condition Monitoring (CM) and Prognostics & Health Management (PHM)
- APU Monitoring in Predictive Maintenance – A Case Study
- Presentation given to the Aircraft eEnablement Connectivity & IFE Conference, London, April 2016
- Customer Case Study: The iJet Data Access Platform
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) as an Alternative for Commercial Aviation Applications
- Emerging Opportunities for Airplane Monitoring and Operations
System Operations Engineer
Imagine being able to say you were part of the team who transformed commercial aviation! If you share our passion for bringing innovation to aviation then we’d love to speak with you about employment opportunities at iJet Technologies.
As a System Operations Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing the daily administration of the servers facilitating iJet Technologies’ development, quality assurance, and production environments. You will work closely with the DevOps Engineering team to design, implement and validate solutions for both client and employee use cases. You will assist in support and troubleshooting of client environments.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with DevOps to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- 2-5 years of UNIX/Linux systems administration, especially in high-performance, low-downtime environments
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Experience with supporting systems in a production setting
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, Python WSGI, NginX, OrientDB)
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of infrastructure technologies (e.g.,OpenLDAP, Bind, Yum, ELK)
- Solid public and private cloud experience (e.g., AWS, VMware ESX, OpenStack)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Docker)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g., Nagios, AWS CloudWatch)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., Python, Ruby, shell scripts)
- Solid networking knowledge (TCP/IP, NATs & Proxies, IPTables/FirewallD, DNS & DHCP, Load Balancing)
Senior Software Engineer (Python, Full Stack)
iJet’s Engineering team is looking for talented Software Engineers, focusing on development of core platform capabilities and associated applications.
We are looking for passionate and experienced engineers who can help design and build innovative data-centric solutions for aircraft and airlines. Our ideal team member has a strong Computer Science background, loves to solve complex problems in software, and collaborates enthusiastically with colleagues. The odds are good that your software will fly – literally.
- Excellent object-oriented development skills (Python preferred, may consider Java, C++, etc)
- A broad range of experience in modern software development, patterns, and technologies
- A solid grounding in data structures and algorithms
- Core technologies of interest include HTTP-based APIs / data services, asynchronous messaging, graph and schema-free databases, data management and analytics, and search technologies
- Ability to incorporate a variety of COTS and open source software tools to quickly develop powerful, highly reliable solutions
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools (Hudson/Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Experience contributing to open source projects a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
Industry professionals are invited to contact us at any time. iJet welcomes inquires relating to partnerships, affiliates, technical information, and service requests. Please be in touch regarding specific needs or applications you may require.
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1200 Seattle, WA 98101